Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Huntsville home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Huntsville“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Huntsville AL right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you’re paying multiple mortgages for an extended period of time. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way. We’ve bought houses from people that were carrying three mortgages, and they were ecstatic to find out someone could relieve their stress and payment pain! That burden had really been weighing on them.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Huntsville, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Huntsville AL house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Huntsville… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost, no obligation valuation on your property. We will take a look at houses that have sold in the surrounding area as well as factor in any repairs needed to determine the value of your home.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. I’ve also seen a similar situation where instead of waiting for it to sell, they were forced to rent it out. While this can work out well, a lot of people don’t want to worry about how well tenants are taking care of their property. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment is interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, utilities, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? If you sold for slightly below the retail price (lets say… $175,000), you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Huntsville AL agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by listing at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality, extra-special finishes, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers. It’s truly a lot to manage.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying. This is a wonderful option for a lot of people, because it gives you the best of both worlds between selling and renting.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems. We’ve helped people in many of the mentioned situations by using our creative home buying experience.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Momentum Property Solutions And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Huntsville?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Huntsville home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Have pesky repairs they don’t want to worry about
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- And many other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Huntsville community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Huntsville real estate, so please feel free to call us at (256) 464-2844 and chat with us anytime.